We regularly have business customers ask us about their business communications services and what they can do to improve their efficiency. If you have a business phone line you want to get the most of the price you pay each month
We have compiled a list of the Top 10 Broadband features you should make sure your service provider can deliver.
1. Reliability of the Broadband Internet Network. If you can find a Internet provider with ADSL Business Broadband who proves you with Service Level Agreements SLAs and backs those SLAs with refunds available for downtime, you know you have a reliable network. Not many Business Internet companies do this.
2. Speed. It’s no use having a reliable and slow ADSL service. Make sure your Business ADSL is on a reputable network with adequate backhaul capacity that will provide you with the speed you require. Do you need higher upload speeds? If so you will need to have SHDSL service or get a ADSL service with Clip M access which provides for up to 2Mb upload speeds.
3. Low Contention ratios. Another important factor to take into account is the contention ratio of your Internet Service provider. This is the number of users on any one port at the exchange. Low cuts users put hundreds and hundreds on. Quality Business Broadband Companies will have anywhere between 1 (for dedicated Full Blown Business Grade …. high end high cost) and up to 50 for typical business use and costs effective ADSL. Budget carriers often have 200+ customers on a single node at the exchange where the quality providers will typically have no more than 1`00 users
4. Price. You obviously need to strike a balance in what you are paying for and what you get. Sure you have top of the range speed, reliability and downloads but it will costs you thousands per month. ADSL 2 Business grade should give excellent speeds at manageable cost with good quality service based in your home country. Support staff should be well trained and have the ability to understand your needs and the importance of the service to you and your business. Nothing worse than getting unhelpful held desk staff.
5. Static IP. Make sure your business grade ADSL plan has a static IP address included. This is beneficial if you host your own servers for services such as web, email, VPN and many more.
6. Reverse DNS. Having reverse DNS on your http://www.telaustralia.com.au : Business Grade Internet will allow you to host email servers while remaining compliant.
7. Additional IP addresses are important to many business when have multiple web, email and other IT infrastructure that they support.
8. High grade support located in the country you operate from. Everyone has the horror stories surrounding the offshore "support" centres with massive wait times and the service and language barriers can be appalling. You should not have to wait more than 1-3 minutes in a call queue to get friendly and helpful support.
9. Flexibility to change plans and speed of your Business Internet plan without massive variation fees. Make sure your business ISP can be flexible. Business needs change and so should your Business http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADSL : ADSL plan be able to change with those needs.
10. Built in Anti Spam and Anti Virus monitoring. This can sometimes cause minor problems with your email delivery but are vital to ensure your network is not affected by malicious viruses or over loaded with spam.You are viewing someone else's speedtest result. Run your own speedtest now
.We have tested the speed of the connection and have recorded an average download speed of: